|Job Title:||Calibration Engineer|
|Salary:||£25000 - £29000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Owen Bolton|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2019 11:14|
We have an urgent need for a calibration engineer.
As a Dimensional Calibration Engineer you will be responsible for demonstrating to others a high level of competence within the calibration field, in accordance with internal procedures and processes, you will understand the principles and practices of dimensional calibration, development and approval and be able to perform calibrations in accordance with company procedures.
· Perform UKAS and in-house calibrations on dimensional items in accordance with company procedures.
· Undertake the adjustment, service or repair to the level of ability.
· Validate the content and sign in house certificates as authorised.
· To generate certification, in various formats, in line with procedures to an acceptable standard (i.e. UKAS) and ensure the validity of the data presented in order to minimise the delivery of erroneous results.
· To maintain a working knowledge of the international standards that must be followed (i.e. UKAS and in-house standards).
· Use of the preferred software in accordance with company procedures to ensure the efficient processing of items through the laboratory.
· Maintain auditable and organised systems of work including maintenance and calibration schedules to ensure traceability.
· Resolution of client enquiries in a timely and efficient manner, including but not limited to; investigation and resolution of non conformities to ensure customer satisfaction.
· To perform duties in accordance with client, industry and international standards to ensure that the calibration / certification / proving presented to the customer are correct and traceable.
· To project a professional impression for himself/herself and the Company towards the client in order to ensure both personal and corporate representation are of the highest standard.
· To complete all certificates, reports and expenses in a concise and timely manner to allow job completion and administration requirements to be undertaken within required client timescales.
· Communicate with customer contacts, providing a quick and accurate response to their needs and record all communications to maintain a high service level.
· To provide housekeeping - maintaining workshop and Company equipment in such a manner as to optimise utilisation and availability of equipment.
· Ensure a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of Measurement & Instrumentation activities and adherence with in house quality systems, following up audits and CAPRs/NIRs by completing actions on time.
· To work on development projects as required ensuring continuous improvements are made.
· To have the abilility of passing on knowledge to new starters within the company as well as colleagues already employed.
Calibration Engineer Profile
· Experience of calibration, working to documented written procedure.
· Experience of working to tight deadlines under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
· Demonstrable experience of delivering on customer requirements and against agreed deadlines.
· Effective communication and organisational skills.
· Ability to present concepts to an audience in a variety of settings.
· Able to adopt a flexible approach to work and react effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
· Able to work under own initiative with a high degree of autonomy.
· Knowledge of IT systems particularly the MS office suite.
· Experience of working in an engineering environment.
· Engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
· Experience of measurement activities within the engineering sector.
· Experience of developing processes to meet customer expectations.
· Knowledge of prevailing business activities within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals sector.
· Knowledge of measurement and testing activities within the engineering sector.
· Knowledge of associated laboratory processes.
· Btec NVQ Level 3 Engineering or equivalent.
· UKAS signatory status.
· Experience of UKAS laboratory environment.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role of calibration engineer, please apply via the link.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£15 - £20 per hour
£32000 - £35000 per annum
£30000 per annum
£35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Overtime, fully expensed company vehicle, phone, laptop, pension
£30000 - £38000 per annum