CAD/CAM - Production Engineer
- Job Reference: 00027699-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Do you have a passion for precision engineering and complex machining processes? Do you go above and beyond to make sure you achieve the task in hand? If the answer is yes, our client want to hear from you.
Due to an ever increasing order book and restructure on the shop-floor they require a CAD/CAM Production Engineer, it is a fast-paced aerospace subcontract machining company that specialise in complex, tight tolerance components. This is a hands-on role and you will be required to program mills up to 5 axis, standard lathes, and sliding head machines as well as guide/support the entire shop-floor team with any technical machining issues that arise and support management with production planning activities when requested.
1. Create all shop floor programs using CAD/CAM software (Edgecam) to produce complex multi-axis programs for mills, lathes
2. Provide all setup sheets to accompany programs made. This includes updating existing setup sheets when changes are required
3. Plan and design fixtures required for new jobs using Solidworks
4. Produce 3d models and stage drawings using Solidworks
5. Problem solve all machining technical issues (hands-on)
6. Review and improve CNC programs for parts that are making a loss
7. Ensure all routing times for jobs currently running on the shop floor are correct and inform management when need to be changed
8. Lead technical machining continuous improvement activities
9. Perform tool-making activities using manual machines when short on staff
10. Mentor less skilled members in CNC programming and modern machining techniques
11. Assist management with production analysis activities (obtaining/ collating employee and machine performance data)
12. Assist management in monitoring tight deadline projects
13. Work to tight schedules and follow strict quality control and precise guidelines as outlined in AS 9100 or ISO 9001 and as per supplier requirements.
14. Adhere to the Company Health and Safety requirements and follow Company rules and acceptable codes of conduct.
1. Minimum 5 years of experience using cam/cam software for 3/4/5 axis mills and standard turret lathes.
2. Experience using Edgecam. (P) will be trained if not
3. Minimum 3 years of experience 3d modelling tooling fixtures and producing stage drawings.
4. Experience using Solidworks. Or similiar package
5. Experience in manufacturing complex multi-axis components to tight tolerances.
6. Minimum 5 years setting and operating 3/4/5 axis machine.
7. Strong understanding of modern cutting techniques, e.g. Trochoidial milling.
8. Worked in an environment that conforms to AS9100, or iso9001.
9. Experience with a variety of materials e.g. aluminium, stainless steel, alloy steel, engineering plastics.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Casual dress
* Company events
* Company pension
* On-site parking
* Sick pay
* Day shift
Following all government guidelines with Covid-19 policy and practises in place, observing hygiene factors such as wearing of masks, social distancing, cleansing of hands and isolation of factory from outside risks