C++ Senior Software Engineer
- Job Reference: 00022776-1
- Date Posted: 10 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: £50,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Middlesbrough – Remote COVID-19 - £50k per annum
Our client who are a Digital Transformation and Software Development consultancy, specialising in delivering high performing and cutting-edge software to their rapidly growing client portfolio. They pride themselves on their market leading software product range, which is used by thousands of businesses across the UK and affects millions of lives.
The key areas of responsibility for the Senior Software Engineer include:
* Technical Delivery
* Technical Innovation
* Working alongside PO, SM, Tech Lead and QAs in an agile team to deliver software
* Design, code, test and debug technical solutions including complex components, ensuring that quality standards are achieved.
* Provide some legacy product support (fixing defects) in older technologies, including active involvement in moving the legacy product forwards into newer (possibly) web technologies.
* Write clean, well-designed code, following best practice.
* Estimate effort required to accomplish requirements and ensure that schedules are met.
* Collaborate with other team members to help specify, design, and develop software, meeting product requirements.
* Identify process deficiencies and propose and implement solutions and improvements.
* Ensure that technical product is developed accurately, based on best practice standards, within budget and on time and support the business objectives.
* Work with the security team to ensure that data security standards are always met.
* Ensure that technical implementation is technically sound, defect rates are minimised and products are inexpensive to maintain and support.
* Communicate frequently with Scrum Master and Development Manager.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Previous background in a similar software engineering role
* Understanding and proven working experience with C++ and C#.NET
* Experience developing desktop applications for Windows PC
* Experience developing applications for CAD / graphics platforms, preferably AutoCAD
* Strong maths skills, particularly computational geometry
* Experience of unit testing
* Awareness of current trends and developments in software engineering
* Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies and project management
* Degree level or equivalent education preferred in a relevant subject such as computer sciences, computer engineering, information management systems, software development or business information systems etc
* Experience developing custom objects within AutoCAD
* Experience using ODA Teigha libraries
* WPF (MVVM) user interface
* 3D graphics technologies such as OpenGL or DirectX
* Source control systems, specifically Git & SVN