|Job Title:||Buyer- manufacturing|
|Salary:||£15 - £17 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-05-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Bethan Williams|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 16:49|
- £15.00 – £17.00 per hour, depending on experience
- 37.5 hour per week contract
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Ample parking and subsidised canteen on site
- Raising purchase orders through various methods and channels. Reacting to MRP system messages to expedite, defer or cancel open order lines.
- Issuing RFQs, drawing releases, analysing quotes and setting up new part replenishment profile.
- Resolve issues relating to accuracy of deliveries, quality rejects, invoice queries, overdue orders and production shortages.
- Identifying savings opportunities through benchmarking, value engineering & optimising replenishment methods.
- Working with Engineering to manage obsolete and replacement parts. Raising temporary permits (concessions) and engineering changes.
- Developing relationships with suppliers so important requests are handled with the necessary level of urgency. Conducting business review meetings over the phone and face to face in Clevedon or at supplier sites.
- Maintain document records, track personal performance against operational metrics and contribute to departmental reporting.
- CIPS level 4 or equivalent qualification or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Procurement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Proven track record of hitting savings/delivery targets
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment
- Capable of interfacing professionally with internal customers and suppliers
- Resourceful, self motivated and confident with working on own initiative
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£9.45 - £11.65 per annum
£8.21 - £10.5 per hour
£9 - £10 per hour
Manufacturing Engineer - Automation and Assembly
£32 - £35 per hour
Senior Quality Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday + statutory; 4% employer pension contribution