|Salary:||£20000 - £24000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Sophie Rothero|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2019 13:32|
Main duties of a Buyer:
• Managing the quality, delivery and price on all orders placed
• Reducing the overall current spend across all items purchased for the company
• Negotiate prices, multiple item reductions, discount levels and fixed term contracts to gain savings for the business
• Managing the day to day purchasing requirement as well as task based management of additional administrative support from current persons in the office and Design teams to ensure suppliers get the best possible lead times.
• Face to face and telephone communications with current and new supplier base to build up a good relationship.
• Pricing and lead time dispute management and resolution.
• Accessing the company stock requirement using BOM's and forecasting software and ensuring orders are placed in a very efficient manner.
• Undertaking Supplier comparisons across terms and costs.
• As this is a small business, experience will also be gained by supporting and assisting in other departments as and when required.
• Work with the Design department to source new suppliers and ensure the current ones have daily capacity.
The ideal candidate for the Buyer role will have the following skills and experience:
Ideally we are looking for an individual that has had some previous experience of working as a Buyer, preferably within a small Procurement team. This should be seen as an excellent development opportunity as you will be working closely with the company leadership team.
• You will have previous professional experience in a relevant field, ideally in sourcing/procurement of engineering parts.
• Very good face to face and verbal communication skills
• Able to handle objections and be able to demonstrate effective negotiation
• Experience in managing a small team is an advantage, or working as a key individual in a small team
• Ability to work diligently and accurately as there is a large amount of data analysis and inputting required involving reviewing stock-lists and identifying trends;
• Whilst you will be required to work on your own initiative, it is essential that you enjoy being part of a small team and are willing to support others at challenging times;
• Strong IT skills and confidence - MS Office and Excel, with database skills/usage an advantage
• A good working Knowledge and experience of SAGE 50 or equivalent is essential
• Understanding how a business works in terms of cash flow
• Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships quickly
• Enjoys working in a fast paced exciting environment
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE DUE TO THE LOCATION OF THE CLIENT.
If you are interested in becoming a Buyer, please APPLY now. Alternatively send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 01527 591 091.
Perm - Full time
Monday – Thursday 8:30-5, Friday 8:30-4
£20,000 - £24,000
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's