As a Buyer at our Mansfield branch, you will procure goods against orders won by the branch negotiating cost savings with suppliers wherever possible to increase margins.
You'll be the first point of contact and principle communicator with suppliers from a branch perspective, handling any questions and queries that arise ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Buy products from external suppliers and from other locations within the Cromwell group
- Maximise inventory utilisation and reduce possible inventory provision by minimising stock purchase quantities where possible
- Ensure that orders are placed within suppliers’ daily cut off times for next day deliveries
- Purchase urgent orders as required
- Analyse and optimise min / max levels compared with inventory usage
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers
- Purchase on better terms wherever possible, increasing profitability for the business
- Minimise or remove charges levied by suppliers for carriage and minimum order values whilst ensuring product is delivered to our customers in the most timely and cost effective manner
The ideal candidate
- Knowledge and understanding of all MS Office packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
What you'll get in return
The chance to join a multinational organisation with ambitious growth plans and one where team members truly matter. Our people focus incudes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence.
As one of our employees, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a variety of benefits, including 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), free car parking, defined contribution pension scheme and employee discounts on products and retailers.
For further information on the benefits package for this role, please contact us on 0116 2001609.
Cromwell, Fabory, Grainger Global Online and Zoro Tools Europe are subsidiaries of W.W. Grainger, a U.S. Fortune 500 industrial supplies business.
Cromwell has been established for over 50 years and is a supplier of maintenance, repair and operations type products, offering an unrivalled choice of products to all industries, professions and trades.
From cutting tools to personal protection products and from precision equipment to abrasives and power tools, our extensive range brings together all the major brands and more in an unrivalled selection available from a single source.
We also offer a diverse profile of technical and specialist support, which ranges from in-depth product expertise, to on-site solutions to enable you to maximise performance.
We offer next day delivery or collection from our nationwide Stock Centres, supported by an overnight UK logistics network.