Business Support Officer
|Job Title:||Business Support Officer|
|Salary:||£12 - £12.05 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-03-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Marta Dimetros|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2019 17:30|
This is a temporary role to start ASAP until September 2019 initially and will pay 12.05 per hour.
The Business Support Officer will provide a corporate comprehensive, efficient, confidential, flexible and proactive professional high quality executive support to the Directors with a customer service focus. The main duties of the Business Support Officer will include:
- Provide support as required for corporate groups and services for which the relevant Executive Director holds overall responsibility, including chairing, minuting and coordinating meetings and follow up actions as required, and all within agreed timescales.
- Effectively maintain the appointment diary for the relevant Executives ensuring that all arrangements for meetings are made efficiently and that papers/files for such meetings are made available five working days in advance of meeting in a complete and up-to-date format.
- Organisation of events as required.
- Comprehensively maintain the electronic Inbox of the relevant Executive; using your initiative to take actions where appropriate, flag issues and co-ordinate tasks and responses, monitoring and “following-up” all actions to ensure completion.
- Provide a high quality, efficient, effective executive support service to the relevant Directors.
- Ensure an effective electronic filing system which is up-to-date and easily retrievable.
- To liaise with Directors, as necessary, ensuring that they are kept fully briefed on matters affecting them within a context of significant organisational complexity as directed by the Housing Directors.
- To liaise with Councillors, MPs, Ministers, Chief Executives, Executive Directors, Directors and Senior Managers as appropriate. To liaise with other Local Authorities, Local Authority organisations and other Authorities/Agencies in both the public and private sectors, in respect of matters relating to the work of the relevant Executive Directors. Building productive working relationship with these keys partners and stakeholders.
- To deal with, in first instance correspondence and enquiries, including those from outside organisations in line with the Council’s corporate guidance and timescales.
- Considerable experience in the provision of wide ranging high quality executive support.
- Experience and/or qualification and/or training in project management
- Substantial experience and/or qualification and/or training in administration
- Ability to identify solutions to complex issues and to exercise strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence others in order to achieve positive outcomes, creating ownership of them among key audiences
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Understanding about working in political and confidential environment
- Understanding of financial management
- Use of IT systems
- Ability to research
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's