|Salary||£9.49 per hour||Sector||Professional & Admin, Recruitment & HR, Miscellaneous|
Basic Disclosure required
Purpose of the Job
To provide administrative, clerical, reception and information support through a range of tasks carried out within well defined regulations.
- Provide support and guidance to a team.
- Allocate and check the quality and output of clerical work within the Unit or Section to meet the required deadlines, referring as required.
- Assist with the preparation and provision of management statistics to meet described objectives.
- Prepare and present data in text, statistical and graphical format.
- Provide an effective reception/telephone service in accordance with the Council's Customer Care Policy.
- Deal with enquiries, providing information on office systems and procedures relating to the service provided. Use initiative to take appropriate action and identify contacts for referral.
- Operate and maintain processes to meet deadlines, some of which may be determined by the system.
- Organise meetings and events.
- Organise mail-shots and production of promotional materials.
- Where necessary, process financial documents or transactions, including invoices, timesheets, payroll information, etc.
- Where necessary, record and lodge all monies received and undertake banking arrangements.
- Demonstrate and/or advise clerical staff/team on the use of new procedures and systems.
- Review, manage and maintain filing systems, IT systems and databases to ensure current data is available for professional use.
- In identified posts that offer these services and for which training is required, take minutes, transcribe tapes or provide a dictation service as required.
- Requisition materials/ supplies/ stock through the Pecos system.
- Undertake such other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as directed by management.
- Educated to ‘Higher’ level, NC or SVQ level 2 in English and/or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and competencies gained through relevant experience.
- Basic Disclosure check is an essential requirement of this post.
- Previous experience of working an office environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organisational and time management skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Proficient keyboard skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work without close supervision, using own initiative.
- Ability to work with accuracy, paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Ability to manage effective relationships with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relating to sensitive or personal matters.
The duties would be indexing all of the incoming HR mail, checking that the paperwork is correct and accompanied by all supporting documentation (from checklist); returning to sender with instructions if not correct; responding to mailbox queries or forwarding to a colleague. The systems that will be used are outlook; and civica (electronic document management system).
Please apply online