|Salary||£18 - £20 per hour||Sector||Miscellaneous|
This is a temporary role to start ASAP for an initial 6 month period and will pay circa £20.00 per hour.
The main purpose of the Business Support and Engagement Officer will be to support the development of business engagement initiatives across the Borough; combining area management and place-making; inward investment, business support, collaborative activities, co-financing opportunities, supply chain work and enterprise support. The main duties of the Business Support and Engagement Officer will include:
- To work with colleagues to ensure that the Borough’s place-making and regeneration ambitions take account of the needs and demands of the local business sector.
- To develop a strong working relationship with the teams and officers that have regular interface with the business community such as licensing, planning and development control, business rates, environmental health and employment, skills, and training, particularly as they relate to events.
- To develop and deliver initiatives which encourage enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- To respond to the concerns of local businesses, and resolve or refer problems, maintaining ownership of concerns until they are resolved.
- To develop and deliver initiatives which engage Borough businesses and maximise trading, growth, and investment opportunities.
- To maintain and develop good relations with key businesses in the Borough and business representatives of industry sectors and commercial / service centres to encourage their investment and private sector collaboration and finance.
- To work with pan-London and local business support agencies, trade organisations and Business Improvement Districts to promote the benefits of business engagement and secure their wider involvement in the Borough.
- To plan and deliver publicity campaigns for business investment team led events including production and distribution of marketing collateral, on-line and social media promotion, advertising and where appropriate management and recruitment of external PR suppliers.
- To deliver networking and seasonal events.
- To follow up on business enquiries; written, personal, telephone, emailed, via websites and via social media. To communicate back to local businesses, face to face, by phone, by letter, by email and by social media where applicable.
- To work with the communications team to produce the bi-monthly newsletter including research and writing articles that will be of interest to businesses
- Previous experience in a similar administration role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships
- Excellent IT skills, including all MS Offices packages
- Experience of using Social Media Platforms
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends if required.