Business Support Administrator (Apprentice)
|Job Title:||Business Support Administrator (Apprentice)|
|Salary:||Up to £5.50 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-04-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019 17:08|
This is a great opportunity to build a solid foundation to your career, working for a global business with its roots in Stafford. We are more interested in your talent and potential than your experience and will provide you with close support and access to vocational education. If you bring the potential and the attitude, we will do the rest.
Based at our global head office in Stafford, you will be part of the support team we have across our locations in the UK. You will take care of a variety of business and administrative services, as part of a structured apprenticeship framework. On successful completion of the programme, you will have the opportunity to follow a diverse range of career pathways in ALE, either remaining in Stafford or in any of our businesses worldwide.
You will be proactive, flexible and with a can-do attitude. You will be a highly efficient individual, with a strong desire to correctly implement business support methods and practices, and to improve them where possible, whilst maintaining compliance and consistency with ALE’s global brand.
Your ability to manage many different tasks at the same time, plus your ability to prioritise will be regularly challenged. You will take pride in your work whether it involves administrative tasks, answering phone calls or reception work.
Your calm, confident communication style will enable you to work will with those around you, and to present a professional image of ALE to visitors. Beyond your key tasks, you will always remain focused on the overall goal of helping the business to be the best it can be.
A high level of technological savvy and confidence with business software and systems means that you can work efficiently and get the most out of the tools provided for your role.
ALE is a dynamic business that strives to be the industry leader through innovation, and this exciting role will provide the successful candidate with a fulfilling and rewarding career that opens into plenty of opportunities for development.Package description
Competitive package based on Apprenticeship contract initially.Main responsibilities
Group Team Leadership support:
- Provide day to day administrative support to group leaders based in Stafford
- Prepare high quality PowerPoint presentations
- Complete intermediate level analytical tasks using Microsoft Excel
- Support the development of proposal documents, tenders and sales presentations using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Overview and maintenance of group team absence / annual leave
- Assistance with organisation of social events.
- Development and maintenance of new starter welcome pack
- Assist managers in implementation of 100 Day Induction plans and familiarizing new employees with business norms and expectations.
- Keeping up to date the employee handbook
- Record keeping
- Taking minutes of department meetings / company meetings
- Screen phone calls and take messages in a professional and efficient manner (1st or 2nd line)
- Maintain procedures/office administrative systems
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Assist in preparation of tenders
- Assist in document control.
Group Finance support:
- Provide day to day administrative support to the group finance team
- Oversee Purchase Order process
- Creation and maintenance of archiving system
Facilities and Reception:
- Answering phone calls, taking messages and actioning as appropriate
- Receive visitors
- Manage / restock office supplies
- Dealing with general office duties including filing, opening post and actioning as appropriate etc.
- Postage and couriers
- Managing inbound email communications to the group office.
- GCSE in Maths and English at Grade A-C (New grading system 5-7)
- Completion of BTEC or A-Levels
- Some insight into administration systems adopted in offices
- Previous experience of working in an office environment
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Likes systems / IT savvy
- Numerate and literate
- Confident at trouble shooting and multitasking
- MS Office applications Excel, Power point, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Friendly, personable
- Thorough/good attention to detail
- Driving licence
- Access to a car
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's