|Salary||£21000 - £23000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Sodexo are currently recruiting for brand new opportunities in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Catering Manager to join our team with a healthcare provider in Belfast. We are looking for a highly organised individual with a caring nature- some care experience, professional or personal, can be an advantage. The ideal candidate will have food preparation background.
- Coordinate and direct all activities within the assigned area ensuring that the team are monitored to deliver the required standard.
- Ensure the Unit complies with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations.
- Supply Chain Management – ensure value for money is achieved through robust management of suppliers and measurement of performance.
- Recruit, induct and develop talented employees within the business
- Manage poor performance in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Manage the operations team to ensure that business objectives are met and standards are delivered competently and consistently,
- Complete regular one to one meetings, PDR’s and business reviews, ensuring that targets are met and monitored and maintain a talent and succession plan for all key roles.
- Develop a motivated, respectful, trusted and stable team by giving them clear direction, sharing information and employee involvement.
- Ensure the Unit has a Training Plan and that all Statutory and bespoke training is scheduled, carried out and recorded, liaising with other departments as necessary.
- To conduct a daily briefing with team members to ensure they are all aware of unit activity, promotions and specials.
- Delegation of daily duties to team and planning of staff break times.
- Communicate regularly – monthly face to face team briefing is a minimum.
- Motivate and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives and the ‘Go for Growth’ strategy
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for long term partnerships
- Attend and produce monthly formal reviews with the client.
- Grow revenue opportunities for the Client and Sodexo’s i.e., commercial opportunities, labour efficiency and generate the GOP targets
- Ensure that costs and expenditure are controlled in line with budget, utilising nominated suppliers and maximising labour productivity in line with the company’s labour productivity models, policies and procedures – ensuring that forecasts and actuals are entered and remedial action taken as appropriate.
- Complete the unit budgets and forecasts.
- Generate the billing back up and maintain high quality records for all information requested by the client and Sodexo.
- Ensure cash, stock, debt and assets are properly controlled
- Experience of implementing e-learning strategies.
- Experience of working within an IiP framework.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- CIEH Managing Food Safety
- IOSH Managing Safety Level 3
- Computer literacy (as a minimum to be comfortable using MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet)
- A keen eye for detail and excellent ‘housekeeping’ standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- A ‘firm but fair’ approach with the team
- Good time management and organisational skills
- High standards of administration
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to set and achieve standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene and safety and sales growth / financial performance
- Acts with initiative, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm and has a genuine interest in developing people.
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Ability to problem solve
- A ‘can do, will do’ attitude
- COSHH and HACCP awareness
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines and materials market sectors.
- Demonstrate a focus on continuous improvement in these areas to improve the venues reputation as a provider of ‘outstanding’ customer experiences.
- Ensure that the Unit has a business plan which is reviewed at least quarterly, showing key objectives, goals and measures that link to the overall business plan and strategy for the business.
- Ensure that key members of the team are briefed on their role in this delivery.
- To handle any customer enquiries or complaints that may occur in a friendly and professional appropriate manner.
- Liaise with the kitchen team on any matters to do with food availability, quality or changes on a daily basis.
- To deputise in the cooks/chefs absence ensuring that all food preparation and cooking is complete.
- Manage and monitor food and beverage production levels of the FSAs to minimise any wastage, reacting to upturns and downturns in business levels and communicate changes to your team.
- To communicate with other department heads on a daily basis
- Prepare a weekly rota for your team, ensuring all staff are cross-trained in all tasks and aspects of their job, recording any learning on their Training Record Card.
- Manage Food, Health & Safety to a high standard within the contract.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process