Business Development / Sales Manager
|Job Title:||Business Development / Sales Manager|
|Location:||HDI Hive Menteng, 6th Floor, Lot A, Jl. Probolinggo No. 18, Menteng, Jakarta|
|Salary:||Competitive, Based on Experience|
|Start Date:||2019-07-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2019 08:40|
A crucial position at the front end of our business, your role will be to generate a pipeline of opportunities, and ultimately long term client relationships.
You will research potential opportunities for Conbit to engage and support local businesses, as they bid for and potentially win contracts internationally. This support will most likely take the form of liaising with clients and their engineering teams, allowing you to propose solutions from the earliest conceptual stages. This will lead to development of a network of key relationships through which Conbit will receive requests for proposals or quotations.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have an engineering background, which you will have used as a platform to build a career in sales or business development. You will have experience of how clients in the nuclear, civils and oil and gas sectors tender for and secure projects, and ideally you will have some understanding of engineering solutions. Because of your prior experience in business development you will know the key influencers and have a clear picture of how to introduce Conbit’s solutions to these new marketplaces as well as how to facilitate Conbit’s early engagement in the development cycle of projects.
You will spearhead Conbit’s drive into this new and exciting market – to be successful you will rely on your industry experience, your ability to share and engage other stakeholders with a compelling vision, and your inner drive and conviction to take this from an idea to a thriving new team with an order book and a market presence.
You will be confident, multilingual, highly credible at executive level, happy to work alone and capable of both developing a realistic business development plan, and then executing it successfully.Package description
Competitive package and benefitsMain responsibilities
- Develop a strategic plan for developing the Conbit business in Indonesia
- Actively prospect high-level clients (B2B) in Indonesia to identify new opportunities, including making cold calls
- Build a portfolio of contacts – primarily Oil and Gas, Engineering Procurement Contractors (EPC) and offshore.
- Engage and meet with contacts and share Conbit’s value proposition.
- Work with engineering teams / R&D to create innovative solutions to client problems.
- Engage with potential clients to enable early involvement in project work.
- Prepare bids / tender documentation, and proactively follow up with clients, closing deals wherever possible
- Create, maintain accuracy and track opportunity records using Microsoft Dynamics Client Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Take responsibility for the sales process
- Offer commercial and technical clarifications, with proposal & price sheet revisions as appropriate
- Handover successful bids to sales and project management
- Cooperate during the tender preparation phase, assisting with proposals and cost calculation
- Communicate and report to management in South East Asia & HQ
- Participate in local / international events, exhibitions and trade shows and embrace all networking opportunities
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations
- Discuss tenders, handover of won projects and support during the execution of projects.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering or commerce
- Sales training
- Technical affinity
- EPC, EPCM, EPIC projects
- Industry knowledge: Upstream offshore, (petro)chemical, lifting/cranes.
- Business to business sales
- Relevant work experience in Industrial and/or International sales
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced communication skills, including excellent oral and written Bahasa Indonesia
- Competent oral and written English
- Excellent oral and written 2nd and/or 3rd language skills (Dutch, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin, etc.)
- Solution selling
- Negotiation skills
- Listening and conversation skills
- Cost calculation
- Proposal preparation
- Legal review of contract terms
- A confident communicator face-to-face, on the phone, or in writing.
- Proactive (self starter)
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial – finding business opportunities
- Existing industry network (Operators, EPCs)
- Willingness to travel within Indonesia
For more than 20 years, Conbit has been serving industries in the fields of onshore and offshore oil and gas, offshore wind, decommissioning and petrochemicals.
We are specialized in structural engineering and special lifting, and our business focus is on lifting projects, lifting equipment, towers and stacks, and integrated projects.
We utilize our experience, knowledge and creative thinking to come up with the best solutions that not only meet customer demands but also conform to applicable codes and safety standards.
We aim to maintain long-term business relationships, and we therefore put great effort into close cooperation with our clients.
Conbit consists of 45 employees and became part of the wider ALE group in 2017, which employs approximately 2,100 employees in more than 40 locations all over the world.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sales and Business Dev Manager
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Sales Account Manager FRN
£22000 - £23000 per annum
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£18000 - £20000 per annum
Sales Administrator Coordinator
£18000 - £19000 per annum