Business Development Manager
- Job Reference: 00023420-1
- Date Posted: 15 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Business Development Manager - Construction
Our client is an established commercial refurbishment contractor based in London and the South East. They have been operating for over 10 years and have built a reputation as being problem solvers in the sector. They currently cover multiple sectors and have been expanding within the student accommodation space over recent years.
They cover refurbishment, restoration, planned and cyclical maintenance projects with a value range up to GBP1m, in the private sector. The business operates predominately within the M25 and London area and has a tailored portfolio of existing clients. They promote a loyal, friendly and professional working environment and would like to continue growing.
Our client is seeking an experienced construction business development professional, typically with a background in project management previously. They will have a proven track-record and an existing network of contacts to provide leads and opportunities. Their primary focus will be the Central London, south London and Surrey refurbishment market, looking to secure projects up to GBP500k The key attributes of the role are:-
· To provide our client with a steady stream of tender opportunities in order to increase turnover and profitability in line with the business plan;
· Provide new business opportunities, which reflect the business objectives agreed in the current business plan;
· Identify key decision makers within Clients, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and other professionals who are able to provide repeat build and fit-out business opportunities;
· Review regularly potential clients and identify their individual work programmes from which likely new business opportunities will be forthcoming; and
· Work with the current management to improve sales processes, service offerings, market feedback and create a long-term sales team.
The base package is circa GBP50,000 - GBP60,000 + quarterly sales commission. OTEs would typically be GBP90,000+ per year.
· Have outstanding written and verbal communications skills
· Can build and develop relationships with clients, regardless of their location or circumstance
· Are self-sufficient and target driven
· Desire to work in a team of like-minded passionate individuals
· 2 years+ business development experience
· 2 years+ construction industry experience (project management/contracts manager)
Expected start date:-
October to December 2020, subject to UK Covid-19 situation