Business Development Manager
- Job Reference: 00023009-1
- Date Posted: 13 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Kingston upon Thames, London
- Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
- Sector: Sales & Marketing, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
As leaders in the field of virtual event management, our client creates powerful communication strategies designed to bring organisations closer to their audiences, whoever and wherever they are. They combine their extensive know-how with creative solutions to deliver interactive experiences and communications beyond the conventional. A blend of crafted content, world-class production and sophisticated technology, built from the ground-up for the digital world.
The current Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in a surge in enquires in relation to the Company’s virtual event and communications solutions as organisations, around the world, increasingly adopt new ways to maintain and elevate stakeholder communications by means which are considered to be safe, environmentally sustainable and that provide a range possibilities that organisers find hard to ignore.
This increasing number of new business enquiries has led to the creation of a new Business Development role within the Commercial Team. The core purpose of the role is to actively pursue these new enquiries, turning them into concrete sales opportunities, creating effective service and product solutions for the client (with the support of the wider Commercial Team) and ultimately closing new business.
* React quickly and proactively to any promising sales leads that are identified.
* Foster relationships with suspects that look promising longer term but who are unlikely to produce an immediate sale.
* Make quick small, transactional sales to suspects at the beginning of the relationship, thus building trust for larger things in the future.
* Maintain and report on sales activity and accurate forecasting of new business pipeline.
* Accurate recording, coding and maintenance of all prospect interactions on the CRM
* Create transactional sales or keep the relationship warm, if warranted, or pass the lead through to the Commercial Director for further development if the prospect is large enough.
* Build great working relationships with both the marketing and commercial teams.
* Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets
* Brief wider team to create sales proposals and prepare budget to support closing of the sale
* Stay on top of industry and competitor developments
We are seeking a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual who has the proven ability to initiate and close new business in a B2B environment – what we call a HUNTER mentality.
You will have a proven track record of success in developing new business and selling solution driven products and services. You will relish working at pace and be used to jumping on new opportunities as they arise.
Further training and development will be provided to expand your knowledge of the event and communications industry and to further enhance your commercial, sales and business development skills.
During the Coronavirus Lockdown, members of the Commercial Team have worked extremely effectively from home. As the Lockdown eases, it is envisaged that a greater degree of homeworking will now be feasible alongside time spent at the Company’s contemporary offices in Kingston-Upon-Thames.
This an outstanding opportunity to join a well-established growth SME, uniquely positioned in the current economic environment and one with plenty of ambition. Working alongside some of the most talented people in the virtual events and communications business will not only be fun but will undoubtedly accelerate your own development and career opportunities