|Location||Welwyn Garden City||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£50000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: Company bonus scheme, company car/car allowance scheme, pension||Sector||Sales|
37.5hrs per week
£50-60k per annum
Company bonus scheme, company car/car allowance scheme, pension
Extensive training and development program which will commence after individuals complete their probationary period.
You will ensure the right business development, sales and marketing strategies are in place to achieve our ambitious targets. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the market and competitor landscape. The Company benefits from numerous existing relationships with key contractors, and you would be expected to continue to develop these existing relationships. as well as bring with you an additional network of contacts and potential clients across the industry.
You will be an inspirational & resilient leader and be pro-active in seeking innovative ways to exceed targets.
You will be responsible for encouraging invitations to tenders, assist the Technical department in the design of dewatering and water management schemes and prepare, present and negotiate quotations and proposals to our customers.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Business Development Activities
- Pro-actively develop new business relationships and follow up potential new business opportunities in those target sector markets aligned with the strategic objectives of the company
- Manage and maintain accurate records of business development activity including regular reporting
- Network with existing and prospective clients to maintain their awareness of the companies capabilities.
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of our customers and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s services
- Preparing and delivering a robust business development strategy for the UK business
- Sales and Marketing Activities
- Prepare bids, proposals and quotations in conjunction with Technical Manager and other Senior Management staff over design and bid approach
- Work with Project Managers and wider team for the retention of the customer during the `one year rule` (financial year of customers first order plus the following full financial year) and any associated involvement in tender presentations / submissions and post tender follow up, to facilitate customer retention
- Preparing sales presentations
- Participating and taking the lead in sales meetings
- Preparing financial projections and sales targets
- Gathering all technical information required in order to complete design briefs to submit to the Design & Monitoring Department
- Preparing and delivering a robust sales and marketing strategy for the UK business
A motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential. Minimum 10 years’ experience within the construction industry.
- Business Development experience in the construction industry with a successful track record of building relationships
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers with companies and organisations
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- A relentless enthusiasm and tenacity to pursue commercial opportunities
- An understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology and/or Civil Engineering principles is beneficial
- Understanding of construction market and associated supply chain (esp. main contractors and consultants)
- Socially adept with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills – the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is crucial
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Full UK Driving License
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritising and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities