|Salary:||£23800 - £27000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 10:32|
This is a fast paced and varied role offering a high level of responsibility; you will look after a large geographical area and multiple stakeholders. There are plenty of opportunities for development and fantastic progression routes within the wider business. Working in a highly planned and organised team, no two days will be the same – this is a chance to make a real difference to our customers and our business.
You will be responsible for changing the plan where required, submitting changes to data teams and ensuring accuracy and balance in the plans, either through ad-hoc change requests or half yearly data reviews.
Communicating with our field team managers is critical and as such, you will host meetings to communicate updates on plan progression and performance and to review any uncompleted work to ensure the backlog is cleared as soon as possible.
As a Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Managing maintenance plans to ensure the maximum completion and delivery.
- Building a strong relationship with key customers including field teams, schedulers and other internal teams to ensure that you become a key contact within your area.
- Work with internal customers to maximise completion of work.
- Escalate shortfalls and performance challenges promptly to field management and team manager.
- Identifying and removing of duplicate and redundant work prior to dispatch to technicians.
- Providing support to schedulers and field staff.
- Analysing forecasted work volumes in comparison to resource levels in order to identify and escalate issues in advance, when demand is likely to exceed supply.
- Building an effective and efficient plan to deliver maintenance work based on resource and skills.
- Hosting weekly review meetings to review performance against plan and actively managing the plan.
- Building a strong relationship with the schedulers and field teams.
- Working collaboratively with the wider Thames Water teams and colleagues to achieve best results for our business.
Do you enjoy building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders? Are you a confident self-starter looking for your next challenge? Do you have knowledge of creating work plans for teams? If so, this could be the ideal role for you….
- Organised and focussed individual who possesses good knowledge of the water industry.
- The ability to conduct analysis of data to identify potential issues and take ownership for the work requirement as well as a strong customer focus is required.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, reasoning and negotiating skills alongside good verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
- You will have a good level of IT literacy and knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office (in particular Excel).
- Previous experience in scheduling, planning and co-ordinating is desirable but not essential.
- You will be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment whilst being able to manage and deliver SLAs.
If you have a strategic mind, thrive under pressure, strive to provide the best improvement and are passionate about making a difference, then look no further, as this is the right opportunity for you.
What’s in it for you:
- An excellent contributory pension
- 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service
- An annual pay review
- Season ticket loans
- Voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets
- Loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more
- Being part of a team that makes a difference every day for our customers
- Future progression opportunity
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's