Business and Finance Manager
- Job Reference: 00096327-1
- Date Posted: 20 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £36,000 to £39,000
- Sector: Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance & Superannuation
- Job Type: Permanent
The Business and Finance Manager Role
Can you provide financial management and strategic operational support across multiple areas of the business? It'll be different every day!
As our Business and Finance Manager, you will provide comprehensive financial management and strategic operational support across multiple areas of administration, including IT and human resources. You’ll manage a small team including the business administrator and volunteering coordinator, ensuring effective running of the office and other key business areas.
You’ll play a key role in the charity’s leadership team, helping set strategy, direct operations and put your skills to use in a meaningful way so we can tackle homelessness in Wycombe and across the south of Buckinghamshire.
*In accordance with Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, there is an occupational requirement for the successful candidate to be a Christian*
See our document ‘Christian context for working with Wycombe Homeless Connection’ for further details.
Who We Are
Wycombe Homeless Connection is a growing, local Christian-led charity based in south Buckinghamshire that works to end homelessness in our community.
We make a difference to the lives of local people, stopping homelessness before it starts through our innovative advocacy and homelessness prevention programmes and by reducing the harm homelessness can do with our wide-ranging frontline support and health work projects.
Our advocacy and homelessness prevention programme combines a series of projects, including our ground-breaking housing legal clinic where clients get high-quality, free legal advice from experts in housing law with ongoing, tailored support from our team of advocacy workers. Through the clinic and other projects, we have helped large numbers of local people stay in their homes, or find more suitable and sustainable homes, rather than being made homeless.
Have a look at our recent video highlighting our Big Sleepout 2022
Our dedicated support workers play a key role in working with people who are homeless through the provision of emergency and ongoing support, help and hope. We also work collaboratively with a range of partner organisations to reduce the level of rough sleeping in our community, helping lead the way in a national effort to end rough sleeping.
Our pioneering homeless health project focuses on ensuring anyone who is homeless is not discriminated against, or suffers poor health equality because of their homelessness. It has been absolutely vital during the pandemic when we have worked closely with the NHS arranging COVID-19 clinics to make sure no one misses out on their vaccination.
* As well as offering a competitive salary, we are a compassionate and flexible employer. We are happy to explore flexible hours with the right candidate.
* We have a generous leave package, starting at 25 days per year plus all bank holidays and build wellbeing days into our programme for staff.
* We will focus on your training and professional development and provide opportunities to represent the charity externally, where relevant.
* We hope you think this job is an exciting opportunity to help shape a growing charity at a crucial stage in its development.
* Please note that we are unable to consider applicants who do not presently have permission to work in the UK.
* We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to continue building an environment that embraces diversity