Business & Commercial Analyst
|Job Title:||Business & Commercial Analyst|
|Salary:||€45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 14:58|
The role will support the Technology Business Manager in the administration, commercial analysis and reporting of suppliers, contracts and costs within the Digital team at Thames Water.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will be analysing contract terms and assess impact on opex and/or capex for Thames Water.
- You will own and update the Service Delivery business model for the TTA Gen 2 contract, with latest forecast information and provide updates to the Digital Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on variances.
- You will support the Digital team in the creation of business cases for new sourcing requirements.
- Ensure the cost schedules for the TTA agreement are up-to-date, including annually uplifting the pricing tables for inflation.
- Attend and minute the weekly / monthly commercial meetings.
- Work with other Thames Digital functions to capture and report on key supplier interactions and performance.
- Arrange quarterly business review meetings with our key suppliers, pulling together the meeting’s collateral and issuing minutes and actions.
- Your will have experience with advanced analytics, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will have a good understanding of financial processes, especially categorisation of opex and capex cost treatment and have the ability to produce high quality work products for the Thames Digital Senior Leadership Team.
- Other skills include having advanced Excel and good Powerpoint knowledge.
- You will have good knowledge of IT infrastructure domains including data centres, network / communications, server utilisation, virtual environments, storage and application development.
- Knowledge and experience of Power BI.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's