Location: Ettrick House, 37 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB
Pay Rate: £9.00ph - Potential performance based pay rise after 6 months
Contract Term: Temporary - Minimum 6 month contract - Permanent prospects are high
Working Times: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
· Full paid training
· Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
· Overtime and bonus incentives
· Instant access to Blue Arrow's online training portal
· Instant access to online retail discounts
· Annual Bonus
Do you want to become part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference?
This business banking administration opportunity within a large well known UK retail banking brand provides a great income, regular weekday hours, excellent prospects for a permanent position and performance based pay rewards.
This admin based Business Banking Administrator role is perfect for those who love to work systematically and efficiently, with little to no telephony work involved it's a great opportunity to work within a big banking brand without spending your day fielding telephone enquiries.
Working in a small team of 8-10 people and reporting to the Team Manager, your working day will involve processing requests from business banking customers. Business Administrators in a banking brand work on both switching and requesting tasks as needed. A switching task involves the switching of accounts by business customers and a request task involves processing any time-sensitive requests made by business customers.
Your place of work will be in the EH12 area of Edinburgh. The location is supported by great transport links so getting to work is easy via public transport with the added bonus of an onsite staff car park for those who drive. The workplace benefits from an onsite canteen featuring a Starbucks and communal breakout areas for all staff to use.
You do not need any formal qualifications to be a Business Administrator for this banking brand, your natural productivity and efficiency traits are much more important in a role like this so just add to that a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the internet and you will be a great fit for this role.
A strong background in administration, computer or telephone technical support, customer service or banking will be advantageous but this fantastic employer is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support so you will be taught everything you need to know in order to settle in quickly and excel in your work.
If you are looking to the future, then it is good to know that career progression prospects are high with this employer. They have been supporting customers, colleagues, communities and businesses in the UK for over 320 years and are renowned for taking high performing staff on into permanent roles.
The recruitment process starts with CV selection, but the entire process can take a couple of weeks as you would expect. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls, enquiries and account administration duties can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is
in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started providing a professional and helpful service every time, for this bank's amazing customers.
· Understanding and interpreting data at a basic level.
· Process work in line with agreed procedures and banking brand rules or scripts.
· To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis.
· Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output.
· Resolve queries and escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group) and log if appropriate.
· Liaise with internal/external banking customers and clients.
· Maintain and update information held on a data base or manually.
· Maintain records for audit purposes.
· Confident in processing a high volume of transactions while maintaining high level of accuracy at all times.
· Able to work in a team or other structured environment.
· Articulate and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients.
· Excellent communication - oral and written.
· Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
· Continuous improvement mindset which will be evidenced in the improvement of customer-centric measures.
· A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the brand's end to end goals.
· Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas.
· Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
· Team player.
· Previous customer service or customer support experience.
· Clear credit history & clear criminal record.
As a Business Administrator for this banking brand you will benefit from the support that helps you take ownership of your own personal development and training.
There are a high number of available positions so this role will be advertised constantly for the next few months providing plenty of opportunities for the right people to land an excellent job with an excellent company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.