We are currently seeking PSV/HGV Mechanics/Technicians to join our busy Engineering team in Swansea.
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
We have day (early and late) & night shifts available!
The salary for the night shift is £33,500+ per year (£16.60 per hour)
The salary for the day shift (early & late) is £28,500 per year (£14.07 per hour)
You'll be working 5 days over 7
What will you be doing?
The successful Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Skills & Experience
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
- A basic electrical understanding
You must be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems engines, gear boxes and hydraulic systems.
You must also have experience using workshop equipment such as brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, washing systems and testing equipment.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!