We are looking for a Part-Time PSV/HGV Electrician to join our team in Bristol!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Electrician position could just be the job for you!
- This is a Part time position for 15 hours per week
- This is a 6-month fixed term contract
- The salary can be discussed at interview stage
- You will be based at our Lawrence Hill depot in Bristol
What will you be doing?
The successful Electrician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used.
- Carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
- Be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems including engine management, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, electronic braking, suspension, electronic destinations, multiplex wiring systems and E.C.U, control systems.
- Be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, vernier gauges and E.C.U. diagnostic computer equipment.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
Interested? Apply Today!
First Bus welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive