Health & Safety and HR Advisor
|Job Title:||Health & Safety and HR Advisor|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-06-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Nicola Sanders 059|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 13:58|
My client is a successful, established family run business, offering a variety of services including implementing Health & Safety Management Systems, advice on Employment Law and Dangerous Goods safety.
Due to significant growth, they are looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated H&S/HR Advisor to operate nationally. You will be based at their Head Office in Wigan but deal with both national and international clients with a variety of projects.
This role is 70% H&S and 30% HR – proven experience in both is essential.
Duties are to include:-
- Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Advising employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation.
- Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Assist with the processing of H&S administration both within the company and for and on behalf of clients (such as risk assessments, safe systems of Work, letters etc.).
- Advise on H&S legislation and practical implications.
- Ensure Clients are provided with Health and safety Health Checks, Hazard identification with a view to assisting in the minimising of risks. Policy reviews and First Aid.
- Assisting Clients with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace.
- Assist Clients with the formulation of emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders.
- Assist clients in the identification of need and preparation of documentation for compliance and training provision.
- Develop HR Employee Handbooks., Policies and procedures for use by Clients.
- Support Clients with their recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Advise and guide Client on Performance management of their staff where appropriate.
- Generating reports and data to quantify performance and skills.
- Developing and implementing new processes to help the organisation offer a better workplace for staff.
- Assist the HR Director with the monitoring and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Assist with the processing of HR administration (such as offer letters and contracts, letters related to disciplinaries, recording absenteeism etc.).
- Provide telephone support for Clients on HR related areas.
- Complete any other tasks given by the HR Director.
- NEBOSH qualified (manufacturing, transport, warehouse or construction background).
- (Desirable) NEBOSH Fire.
- (Desirable) First Aid Trainer.
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 or equivalent, and CIPD member.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Human Resource role.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Health & Safety role.
- Excellent understanding of current legislation and compliance in both H&S and HR areas.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Skilled in use of IT in particular, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver training and presentations.
- Flexible approach to work and hours preferable.
Hours of work are :- Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm – 37.5 hours per week
Benefits include 28 days holiday including bank holidays, NEST Pension and the opportunity to be part of a successful growing company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's