Bookkeeper Manager in Practice
|Job Title:||Bookkeeper Manager in Practice|
|Salary:||£20000 - £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon Hall|
|Job Published:||March 07, 2019 08:34|
Pertemps are looking for a Bookkeeping Manager and you will be working for a professional accountancy practice as part of the Accounts & Bookkeeping Team. You will be dealing with Clients in and around Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and further afield maintaining excellent services. With a proven record for supporting staff development and progression, we offer long term opportunities for those that are career focussed individuals.
As a Bookkeeping Manager you will work from both our Clients Calne (Head Office) & another local Office within a 10 mile radius - full time Monday-Friday . We are looking to recruit an experienced individual who can demonstrate current, relevant experience working as a bookkeeping manager/supervisor from a practice accountancy background. Ideally you will be fully AAT qualified however we will consider those candidates who are “qualified by experience”. Further qualifications would be an advantage to candidates.
Applicants must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Sage 50 and Xero and must possess good attention to detail. You will be responsible for driving and monitoring the activities of the bookkeeping team as well as carrying out the following key areas within bookkeeping:
- Responsible for ensuring that the bookkeeping team meet all their targets and deadlines
- Preparation and review of bookkeeping records from the source documents supplied
- Preparation and review of management accounts for presentation to clients
- Compilation of year end accounts for companies and sole traders
- Compilation and submission of VAT returns
- Compilation and submission of CIS returns
- General bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients as required
- Responsible for liaising with new clients and the setting up of bookkeeping systems
- Regular liaison with the accounts team and senior managers
- Corresponding with HMRC on registration processes and dealing with queries
This job description is a guide and not an exhaustive list of the duties & responsibilities of the role. Duties may vary at times without changing the general character of the post or levels of responsibility.
Essential for the Role:
- Current experience working as a Manager/Supervisor
- Demonstrate recent experience of looking after your own client base and managing team workload
- Either Qualified by Experience or hold a formal qualification such as AAT Level 4 (overseas equivalent qualifications will be considered)
- Must be able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and be process driven. Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and retain a sense of humour when under pressure
- Demonstrate recent experience of VAT legislation
- Possess a good understanding of CIS legislation
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Sage Line 50, Xero, Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- As well as supervise, be able to work as part of the team whilst taking ownership of your own workload
- Ability and willingness to travel between the Calne & Another Office within 10 miles and to represent the company (must be car owner & mileage allowance will be paid)
- Be at ease with client facing work
Salary considered up to £25K Dependant On Experience with holiday and pensions in place and other benefits to be discussed at interview stage. Local parking to the sites.
If you are from a Practice Accountancy background or dealing with a range of bookkeeping clients and can offer flexibility with working hours to accommodate periods of high workloads we would love to hear from you. We also would be keen to hear from you if possess a good knowledge of personal and business tax legislation and cloud based software. Please upload your up to date CV for consideration of a telephone interview. YOU MUST BE A DRIVER TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE DUE TO BRANCH LOCATIONS. Please ring 01249 467665 to discuss your application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's