Bioinformatics Account Manager
|Job Title:||Bioinformatics Account Manager|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Gardiner|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2018 14:49|
(MUST HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE)
Salary - negotioable
Our client is a major partner for various pharma and consumer goods companies and focuses on taking away the pain of multi-omics data management. Thier open platform and analysis tools provide an ecosystem that allows for easy access to all of the public or proprietary data that a researcher would need. Loaded, indexed, searchable and ready for knowledge extraction.
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager based in the UK to work closely with our client's customers and the in-house sales team. Due to the high customer-facing nature of the role, it requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to locations within the UK.
Job responsibilities (include but are not limited to:
• Identify the most compelling opportunities for platform solutions.
• Develop and implement a sales strategy to capitalise on both a SaaS and on premise model within Top 50 pharmaceutical organisations (may include Academic, Clinical, Biotech, CRO)
• Contact prospects to qualify interest and present value propositions
• Develop proposals to meet expressed and perceived customer needs
• Build and maintain professional relationships within both customer organisations and also internally
• Follow competitor products and activities to distinguish and leverage key differentiators
• Identify strategic partnership opportunities to enhance our client's informatics profile, market share and product offerings
• Independently close sales of SaaS, in some cases working with Inside Sales and Commercial Account Managers to ensure we are focusing on solutions as opposed to point products
• Record all customers/prospect communications and maintain the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) database
• Collaborate with Marketing to develop programs and initiatives
• Provide feedback to Product Management regarding general customer requirements for future product release(s):
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Life Science discipline (biology / genomics / genetics preferred)
• At least 5 years commercial experience with a successful track record selling complex software solutions to the Life Sciences market
• Established relationships in top pharma/biotech accounts and academic medical centres.
• Capable of networking at all levels within customer organisations with a demonstrated ability to develop new market opportunities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present information to various audiences
• Compelling drive to achieve targets
• Proven team player with an ability to thrive working independently as well as part of a collaborative team environment
• Capable problem solver that can develop creative and effective solutions to solve complex issues
• An understanding of Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) is an advantage
• An understanding of Data management in Research of Pharma
• This position requires travel (approx. 30% on average).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's