Consultant – Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
|Job Title:||Consultant – Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist|
|Salary:||As per NHS Consultant Bandings – Dependent on experience|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Wright|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 16:25|
Job Type: Permanent
Grade / Description: CAMHS
Hours: Part Time 6 PA’s + on Call
Salary: As per NHS Consultant Bandings – Dependent on experience.
Applications Close: ASAP
Pertemps Medical are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to work in an extremely sought after South of England location offering fantastic lifestyle opportunities with areas of outstanding natural beauty including picturesque coastlines.
The successful applicant will be part of a multidisciplinary team working to provide and further develop the Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and will provide clinical leadership and support to other members of the team alongside the other Consultant Psychiatrists. There will be scope for the appointed post holder to develop any areas of special interest they may have and this is actively encouraged by the Trust.
Relocation package of £8,000
Excellent NHS pension scheme
Study leave of up to 20 days pa
Annual leave of 27-33 days pa
Training and personal development programme
Pay enhancement packages
Consultants must have specialist GMC registration
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Psychiatric assessment of young people to establish ED diagnosis and any other comorbid psychopathology
- Medical risk assessment, monitoring and management of young people with ED
- Requesting and reviewing bloods and other investigations as necessary
- Liaison with Medical, Paediatric, GP and A&E colleagues in order to manage physical complications
- Liaison with Children’s Services, Safeguarding, Education, GPs, Tier 3 CAMHS, Adult Services and families to offer comprehensive care
- Supporting implementation of national guidelines (NICE Guidelines, Junior MARSIPAN) local guidelines and care pathways
- Working with ED team colleagues to help achieve Access and Waiting Time Standards
- Using Routine Outcome Measures (ROMS) including ED-specific tools for diagnosis and monitoring of progress
- Opportunity to offer suitable therapeutic input to young people with ED in different modalities such as CBT-E
- Offering supervision to ED team colleagues in complex case management
- Management and monitoring of progress of psychiatric comorbidities among ED patients such as depression, anxiety, OCD and ASC
- Psychopharmacological management and monitoring of young people with ED
- Use of Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Children’s Act and other applicable legal frameworks in the management and safeguarding of young people with ED
- Writing assessment reports, referral letters and review letters as required
- Use of Carenotes IT patient information system
- Take part in the Hampshire CAMHS Consultant On Call rota 1 in 12
To be considered for this role or for more information regarding this or similar posts, please call Gemma Wright on 01908 533 240 or upload your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's