- Job Reference: 00085186-1
- Date Posted: 5 August 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan
- Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Competitive Salary plus full benefits package
Sphere Solutions are currently looking for a professional with extensive experience in Design and Build project management under BIM methodology to collaborate in the digital area of a project in South Wales (United Kingdom).
Our client are a world leader in its sector, with extensive experience accumulated over its 120 years of history. Its activities cover all areas of engineering and construction and it is a benchmark for civil works (roads, railways, airports, hydraulic and marine works, tunnels and bridges). The current project we are recruiting for, involves a 17.3km motorway expansion located near Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil and Hirwaun. They aim to split the dual carriageway to ensure mobility and connectivity in Wales as well as the revival of the local economy post COVID-19.
* Early deployment of systems, resources and protocols, in coordination with the IT Manager and other members of the Project Development team.
* Coordination of an in-house team, as well as the BIM Design Team.
* Deployment and monitoring of the BIM Execution Plan of the project, in coordination with the Design and internal teams of the CJV, as well as with the Client.
* Delivery of the Project Information Model during the execution of the project, as well as the preparation of the Asset Information Model, based on the Highways England standard.
* Coordination as the main point of contact on BIM (and other digital issues) within the construction team, as well as with subcontractors, the Client, the design team and other stakeholders.
* Coordination, auditing and incorporation of subcontractor models, ensuring subcontractor compliance with requirements.
* Federation of exchange models in coordination meetings, providing interference detection reports (identification and follow-up of the resolution of such conflicts).
* Coordination with the consortium planning team of the activities for the monitoring of the work using the 4D BIM model.
* Integration of reality capture tools for taking existing situation and monitoring of the work, in coordination with the consortium's or subcontractor's surveying team.
* Coordination of QTO with the CJV cost control team and the Design team for a proper budget control.
* Coordination with the BIM design team of the set of information required for the different operations of the construction phase.
* Coordination with the operations team so that any design changes during execution are documented and updated in the BIM model in a timely manner.
* Generation and delivery of the Asset Information Model for integration into the Client's Maintenance Management platform.
The position requires strong skills in BIM, technical and management tools.
* Experience in projects under BIM methodology
* Necessary knowledge in the implementation of ISO-19650 standard at project level.
* Knowledge of the ISO 19650 and Highways England Standards
* Solvency in the handling of linear works software (Civil3D) and structures software (Revit) as well as coordination and collaboration software Navisworks, Revizto, etc.
* Knowledge of Viewpoint common data environment (V4P) is an asset. Experience in platforms for execution stage (Field View) will also be an asset.
* Knowledge of GIS tools (ArcGIS Pro/Online, QGIS, etc.) and databases will also be an asset.
* Experience in works or projects where BIM 4D and 5D uses have been implemented will be also an asset. Training in Synchro and 5D software (Presto/Cost-It or similar) is desirable.
On offer, is the opportunity to work for a Large Civil Engineering Contractor on a multimillion project that can offer job security and long term benefits.
Needless to say, if you are open to new opportunities and would like to discuss in greater detail please don’t hesitate to get in touch