|Location||Houghton le Spring||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||£21607 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
Houghton Le Spring
Our client, Northern Powergrid based in Houghton Le Spring is looking to recruit a Billing Analyst to provide support to the DUoS function of the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate DUoS billing to meet financial reporting deadlines, whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory and financial guidelines.
This is a temporary position up until March 2020 with the possibility of an extension.
- Ensure timely and accurate DUoS billing to meet financial reporting deadlines (including, but not limited to: data input, manipulation and system maintenance)
- Ensure effective governance and management control through the correct operation of processes in line with policies and procedures
- Carry out detailed data analysis and validation, and where appropriate, demonstrate innovation to develop technical solutions to identified risks and / or issues
- Development of billing systems to facilitate regulatory / industry changes with the appropriate UAT
- Written and verbal communication with internal / external customers regarding DUoS charging queries
- Liaise and provide necessary data to the charges function within Network Trading in order to feed into annual charge selling activities
- To represent the business on appropriate working groups
- Interpreting information
- Planning and organisation
- IT skills (intermediate in MS Excel and Access)
- Quality control
- Customer service
- Data analysis using inter-related information systems
- Knowledge of the supplier / DNO Interface
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Mathematics A level
- Numerate degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of electricity trading arrangements
- Advanced IT skills (i.e. use of visual basic, macros, SQL)
- Project management skills
- Strong communication and decision making skills (verbal, report writing and presentational)
- Experience of leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- An understanding of the regulatory formula driving revenue allowances.
The hours of work are between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Free onsite parking available.