Bench Joiner / Bench Assembler / Wood Machinist
|Job Title:||Bench Joiner / Bench Assembler / Wood Machinist|
|Salary:||£8.50 - £10.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Stephen Windle|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2019 08:41|
Based in the Assembly Department the role will be to:
- Carry out all aspects of production assembly
- Ensure production is carried out in a smooth and efficient process
- Finished products are complete to company standards
- Ensure work is completed in the time frame allocated to the job.
- Monitor the progress of assembly and report any issues.
- Optimise day-to-day activities.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Obtain relevant drawings / information to complete tasks.
- Locate all parts required for the project task
- Safe use of Manual Hand Tools and Small Mechanical Tools such as Sanders, Trimmers, Routers, Biscuit Jointer etc.
- Use of large Machinery such as Band Saw, Edge Bander, Dimension Saw, Speed Sander etc.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Responsible for Health & Safety in and around the factory
- Responsible for the upkeep and wearing of own PPE
- Assist in keeping your work space clean & tidy.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Experience in using manufacturing machinery and power and air tools
- Organisational abilities
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Self-Motivated with a results driven approach
- Problem Solving Skills
- Flexible approach to working hours to ensure deadlines are met
- Joinery / Furniture Qualification and / or relevant experience
- Driving Licence — Desirable (some travel to site may be required)
- Monday to Thursday - 6:45am - 3.45pm
- Friday - 6.45am - 10.45am
- 38hrs per week
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
Some flexibility towards the above hours will be required due to the demands of project work.
At times, overtime may be compulsory to ensure customers needs are met.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's