|Salary||£55000 - £60000 per annum||Sector||HSE|
As a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) you will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the Group Health, Safety & Wellbeing strategy. You will lead the development and delivery of the department ensuring all parts of the operation and our contractors remain compliant at all times with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and best practice guidelines.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will implement strategies that will improve and enhance the Safety, Health & Wellbeing performance alongside raising awareness, monitoring and reporting key issues and statistical data to senior management.
- You will look to develop and implement business wide initiatives designed to improve performance and bring about cultural change.
- You will identify H&S training gaps, overseeing accident and incident investigations and supporting senior management in the effective management of the incidents.
- You will ensure compliance with key business risks and be responsible for delivering high standards of health and safety, governance and assurance around our network operations.
- You will confirm that asset standards in your area of influence reflect current best practice, HSE and other legislative requirements through supporting the Strategy, Planning and Assurance teams.
- A Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Diploma Level Qualifications as a minimum i.e. NEBOSH
- Managerial experience is essential in the delivery of Health and Safety Management ensuring a high level of performance and consistency
- Track record of success in supporting a major business contract
- Highly developed communications skills – both written and verbal
- IT literate - including Office packages
- Full driving licence
You will be a part of an innovative and collaborative team who are leading the way in Health, Safety & Wellbeing. You will have the opportunity to put your own ideas forward with a view to building and supporting the Health, Safety & Wellbeing culture at Thames Water.
The role is based at our offices in Reading but you will be expected to travel to sites throughout the Thames Water area so your base location can be flexible. Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare and an excellent contributory pension and holiday scheme and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.