Behaviour Support Teacher
- Job Reference: 00028161-1
- Date Posted: 20 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wirral, Merseyside
- Salary: £110 to £150 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
COVID-19 notice: We're continuing to recruit education staff throughout these unprecedented times. Instead of face to-face meetings, all interviews will be via phone and we can guide you through submitting your documents online.
Tradewind are currently working with a mainstream secondary school in Wirral. We are looking for a dynamic and positive Behaviour Support Teacher to start as soon as possible. This position of Behaviour Support Teacher will be based in the schools behaviour inclusion unit to work with pupils who need additional support throughout the school day. These pupils will be pupils who are unable to work within their normal timetabled lesson for any reason. This position is initially a temporary position and is anticipated to continue until Easter 2021, with a view to becoming permanent for the right person.
You will need to be a resilient and tenacious teacher who has prior experience managing challenging behaviour in pupils aged 11 - 16 years old. You will not be expected to be a subject specialist in one particular area but have a good all round knowledge of the secondary curriculum to support pupils in every subject area.
Our partner school is situated in Wirral with an onsite car park for staff. The school itself has a warm and welcoming ethos and is well known for having great leadership support.
As a Behaviour Support Teacher in this school, your duties will include:
- Undertaking teaching support for pupils from Year 7 through to Year 11
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils,
as well as on their personal and social needs
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and preparing students for exams in line with
- Attendance at parents evenings and other relevant departmental meetings
- Reporting back to form tutors and class teachers on pupil development and behaviour
- Work alongside the school SENCo regarding individual ECHP's
To be considered for this Behaviour Support Teacher position you will:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status or UK equivalent
- Have recent relevant teaching experience
- Provide a CV with a 10 year working history
- Be an outstanding teacher with a good all round curriculum subject knowledge
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply
for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Behaviour Support Teacher in Wirral role or call (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer. Tradewind are currently working with a good school in Wirral, who are looking for a dynamic and positive maths teacher to start in January 2021. This position is initially a temporary position and is anticipated to continue until July 2021, with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidate