|Job Title:||Bar Manager|
|Salary:||£23000 - £25000|
|Start Date:||2019-03-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2019 14:56|
The role of the bar manager is to plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the Common Room and to lead the team to maximise profitable growth by seeking opportunities to increase patronage and average transaction value whilst minimising costs including labour, waste, shrinkage and other direct costs. You will control all costs such as labour and expenses in line with budget as agreed with your line manager and maintain levels of stock, cash, local credit and debt outstanding to the agreed establishment targets whilst ensuring that all equipment used, is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe. You will ensure team compliance to all cash, keys, stock, premise, security policy and procedure; report any deficiencies as identified immediately to the general manager and also ensure all cash registers have adequate floats, current pricing programmes, and all colleagues are correctly trained in use and cash handling policy and procedure. You will be required to provide a first point of contact to our customers and deal politely, professionally and efficiently with any queries and complaints and ensure all pricing is displayed and correct, and to identify areas of savings, sales and increased profitabilityPackage description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- To act as duty manager ‘on call’ and holiday/weekend cover as directed by line manager
- To ensure daily standards of service in assigned operational area, as detailed in the service level agreement, within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions and in line with applicable Sodexo service offer standards are achieved, maintained and developed
- To ensure levels of wastage/markdowns are carefully managed to a minimum whilst maintaining product availability
- To ensure the security of all products and cash, minimising shrinkage (unknown loss) at all times
- To contribute to the growth of services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- To continually monitor all H&S and FS standards in all service operations and ensure they are maintained at the required level
- To drive performance through adherence to all promotional activity and marketing initiatives
- To contribute to the achievement of site budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills,
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in retail and/or leisure sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's