Banking Customer Advisor
|Job Title:||Banking Customer Advisor|
|Salary:||£08.75 per hour, Benefits: overtime, flex cash and pay progression opportunities|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Lamb|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 12:36|
Do you want to work for a large well known UK retail banking brand?
If so then we may have the perfect opportunity for you as a Customer Service Advisor, Joining a friendly contact team managing inbound customer queries relating to accounts and products.
If you are great at talking to people and recognise and appreciate excellent customer service then this role would be a great fit for you.
There are no fixed requirements to be a Customer Service Advisor, a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the web would be great. Your individual qualities and the ability to use empathy and listening skills to get outstanding outcomes for the customer is much more important.
Some customer service experience would be helpful but it doesn't even have to be from a call centre background.
If you're used to dealing with customers face-to-face then you have the potential to become an exceptional Customer Service Advisor by phone.
There are many vacancies across a range of rotational shift patterns on offer.
Rotational Monday to Friday (8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 12pm-8pm) and 1 in 3 Saturday's 8am-4pm. When working Saturday shift, day off during the week
All vacancies are full time positions in an easy to reach location providing you with a stable income and an enjoyable place to work.
The contact centre is located in Edinburgh in South Gyle and is easily reached via public transport and there is an onsite staff car park for those who drive. The centre benefits from an onsite canteen and is in a location that provides many other amenities close by.
The recruitment process takes a couple of weeks as you would expect. It is important that customers know that the people handling calls and enquiries can be trusted with sensitive and personal data and so a vetting process for candidates is in place. Part of this is ensuring that candidates have a clear credit and criminal record. Once you have passed this vetting process you have the chance to join the team and get started taking calls from a wide range of people, helping them resolve their queries; from setting up standing orders, checking balances, or transferring funds you will be ready to provide a professional and helpful service every time.
Role Focused Skills
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service customer queries
- Taking new customers through application for new business banking accounts. Applications generally take 30 to 40 minutes asking complex questions to establish required information.
- Inbound calls and outbound calls to obtain further information from customers if needed
- Taking information from the customer and ensuring it meets all required criteria (Eg: Anti Money Laundering)
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements
- Assisting the customers with any enquiries and making follow up calls with the customers (no cold calls/sales calls)
- Drafting/responding to customer emails
- Demonstrate consistently the company's values and behaviours
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development
- Support the banking group's wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met
- Personally contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and customers feel valued
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures
- Provide a high quality service to customers comprising of handling inbound calls and undertaking a range of processing tasks. This will be achieved as part of a flexible model to support the business in meeting customer demands within agreed service levels.
- Excellent communication - oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player
- Previous customer service experience
- Clear credit history & Clear criminal record
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's