- Job Reference: 00045587-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Gorfield, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £17,550
- Sector: Catering and Hospitality
- Job Type: Contract
Responsibilities - Bank Cook
* Menu provision and planning
* Preparation of meals
* Ordering food and provisions for the menu ahead of time using the IT system available.
* General food preparation and cooking.
* Carry out the daily cleaning regime.
* Ensure the fabric and integrity of the building is kept to a high standard.
* Complete daily ‘safer kitchen, better food manual’ from the Environmental health - requirement.
* Manage kitchen with assistance from the back of house staff
* Monitor usage and storage of all stock.
* Carry out required weekly stock ordering.
* Take part in weekly/monthly deep cleaning.
* Completion of all required registers and kitchen logs.
* Ensure stock is labelled
* Monitor expiry of food and carry out stock rotation.
* Complete daily fridge/freezer temperatures.
* Maintain and work within awarded healthy heart limits.
* Respond to requests for extra meals, sandwiches etc.
* Maintain own high level of personal hygiene.
* Interact with the patients in the realm of meetings and surveys
* Adhere to manual handling, risk assessment and fire safety.
* Report faulty equipment to the maintenance team/ manager
* Participate as a team member.
* Communicate with team any problems, difficulties.
* Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection.
* Adhere to all unit policy and procedures and maintain up-to-date knowledge.
* Maintain up-to-date mandatory training.
* Monitor pest control and report any problems.
* Report any untoward incidents in a professional manner to the facilities lead, or manager
* Responsible for the security of keys, alarms and communication equipment.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021