Bank Cleaning Operative
|Job Title:||Bank Cleaning Operative|
|Location:||Bristol, Avon and Bristol|
|Salary:||£9 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-05-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||James McGlone|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 10:29|
We require a new addition to our bank of Cleaning Operatives in the South Gloucestershire area. The successful candidate will be required to undertake, individually or as part of a team, cleaning, general waste removal and cleansing duties at locations across the whole of Bromford’s operations to the standard and quality detailed in the specification of work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Undertake general cleaning duties as part of the departments overall delivery of an effective cleaning service to its customers
- To use specialist cleaning equipment as well as cleaning materials and other equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Assist in the removal of general waste and heavy domestic items from communal areas, void and occupied properties as and when necessary. Sweeping and cleansing the area when required leaving it free from debris
- Transporting and disposing of waste / domestic appliances to the designated sites
- Grass cutting using pedestrian mowers and strimmers
- Hedge cutting, weeding, raking, sweeping and litter picking.
Applicants must have:
- Experience in a customer-focused environment and have a good understanding of general cleaning duties and waste clearance
- Knowledge of health and safety at work for yourself and others
- Basic ICT skills (including the ability to use a smartphone and tablet)
- A full, clean driving licence
- Self motivation
- The ability to for flexible working, and be able to work any 5 days our of 7
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th June.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford. We’ve been named as a top 5 best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor and we’ve just merged Bromford and Merlin Housing to create a new Bromford meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
This role will be employed by Merlin, part of the Bromford Group. Colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CVs will be treated as a direct application
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's