Band 4, 5 and 6 Occupational Therapists required
|Job Title:||Band 4, 5 and 6 Occupational Therapists required|
|Salary:||£14.66 - £21.33 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Wright|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 11:19|
The claimant participation for this specialist advice is entirely voluntary and the role will involve working alongside a work coach to deliver a claimant-centred, work-activity focused conversation. This takes into account the interaction between work based tasks and the claimants health condition. The advice will cover exploring appropriate work related activity, further employment focused support, work activity adjustments and general lifestyle management advice.
The candidate will be working across a cluster of Job Centres in a given location. Hours are Mon - Friday (08:30 - 17:00). Part-time hours will be considered.
Requirements are in the following clusters of jobcentres -
West Sussex - Worthing, Chichester, Littlehampton and Bognor
Brighton and Hove
Whitehaven, Barrow and Workington
Preston (Mon and Tues)
Blackpool, St Anne's and Fleetwood
Burnley and Nelson (Mon, Tues, Fri)
Carlisle (Wed, Thurs, Fri. OT required to start asap)
The contract starts on Mon 29th July for the Northern clusters and Mon 12th Aug for the Southern clusters. It's for a duration of 6 months initially with a view to extend. If the concept is successful, the DWP are hoping to roll this out Nationwide on a permanent basis, so it’s a great project to be a part of! The first 2 weeks of the contract will include an induction along with time to familiarise yourself with the offices you will be working in.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
• HCPC Registered
• Registration with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
• Knowledge of the clinical aspects and likely functional effects of a wide range of medical conditions
• Be able to offer vocational rehabilitation advice
• Be able to address health and disability support needs by providing advice or signposting to specialist support or reasonable adjustments
• Understanding of the therapeutic value of work
• Be able to critically evaluate evidence and use logical reasoning to provide accurate evidence-based advice
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to collaborate with staff to deliver supporting activity
• Be able to produce and conduct presentations on a range of health related subjects
• Be able to mentor/ train
Please get in touch as soon as possible if this is something you wish to consider being a part of. We will be happy to discuss the concept further with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's