|Job Title:||Azure Engineer|
|Salary:||£48000 - £68000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 17:15|
We are looking for a number of Azure Engineers to provide day to day support for our expanding Azure Cloud infrastructure.
The successful candidate will:
- Diagnose and Fix all L2 and L3 related support incidents.
- Manage, maintain, support and improve our ability to respond to incidents across the entirety of the IT Infrastructure estate.
- Respond to Incidents raised by the business in ServiceNow.
- Assist in the definition of our improvement plans for the platform.
- Make recommendations to improve cost-efficiency or performance on the platform by re-architecting or changing the existing solution stacks.
- Liaise with all appropriate parties to resolve tickets as they arrive.
- Serve as an Incident Management escalation point for major incidents.
- Support of all platform services, Azure SQL Database, etc.
- Maintenance and continual improvement of Azure monitoring solutions.
- Participate in the ITIL change and release process.
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Will be versed in all aspects of Azure technology, from IaaS to PaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of Azure automation desirable.
- Be highly technical in nature, especially with Linux or Windows.
- Can integrate well with a small team of highly technical individuals.
- Be highly flexible in approach to the work required.
This is a high-profile role supporting the core of the infrastructure world, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. Due to this being a new team there will be an opportunity to make a real difference and influence the provision and support of our Azure ecosystem.
This leading water utilities company, based in Reading, is on a very exciting journey to improve our IT services. You will be part of a new team creating our own in house multi-million pound ITIL service management framework. You will be involved in continuously improving our service for our current and future long term vision.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£22000 - £24000 per annum
IT Support Engineer
£11.00 per hour
French Speaking IT Support Engineer
£30000 - £35000 per annum
French Speaking IT Support Engineer
£25000 - £30000 per annum
MES Engineer - Manufacturing Execution Systems
£40000 - £45000 per annum