Proactive is a small business, established for 18 years, with a strong customer base in the East of England. We are looking for a friendly and flexible person to join us to support our team of Engineers in installing AV solutions into client premises, which are mainly schools. An enhanced DBS check will be required. You will need to be a team-player and be competent in the use of hand-held tools and working to company procedures regarding customer care and health and safety. You must be happy to follow instructions from a Senior Engineer and help with loading and unloading vans, ensuring the client’s site is left clean and tidy, and in working in our warehouse to clean and test used AV equipment. We are looking for someone with good attention to detail, a willingness to help others and undertake training, and good communication skills with customers and colleagues. A presentable appearance is essential and Proactive-branded uniform will be provided.
40 hours per week, but flexible approach essential. Some very early starts.
33 days holiday per year, including bank holidays.
Note - Holidays to be taken mostly in term time as school holidays are our busiest time, but we do shut down at Christmas.
Location Our office is located in a rural location. You will need your own transport.
- Assisting and taking direction from a Senior Engineer
- Assisting with the installation of touchscreens, projectors, cabling, trunking, and school hall solutions.
- Use of hand-held drills and basic tools
- Cleaning and tidying up after installation completed
- Loading and unloading vans – often heavy items requiring a 2-person lift
- Cleaning, testing, and packaging AV equipment for Sister Company
- Practical & used to working with tools
- Happy to take direction from others and follow company procedures
- Attention to detail
- Approachable manner
- Good communication skills
- Hygienic and presentable grooming when dealing with customers
- Full driving licence as may be required to drive vans to customers within a 2-hour radius of our warehouse
- Must agree to an enhanced DBS check
- Willing to undertake training on and off-site. We will pay for you to undertake a CSCS Green Card and PASMA certificate.
Interview There will be an interview at our office.
Not sure? Come and see us for an informal chat or ring Lynne on 01480 810405. We will provide training,so don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes.