AUTOMATION TESTER - PUBLIC SECTOR
The job on offer
The Digital Transformation Centre (DTC) delivers application and platform services based on Java and open source software. It specialises in the transformation of legacy solutions to modern cloud-native architectures.
The Digital Centre delivers solutions using DevOps principles and modern agile ways of working using a range of technologies including Java and its open source ecosystem, microservices, infrastructure-as-code, NoSQL databases, containerisation, JEE, Oracle database, cloud (AWS/Azure) and on-premise client platforms.
- Creating low-level test scripts and setting up test data in conjunction with external systems and teams.
- Running tests, collecting and recording results and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected.
- Keep the wider team including the Product Owner, up to date with the test progress including any risk based assessments undertaken and raise any issues when relevant.
- Has proven knowledge in microservices and transformation projects.
- Experienced in API testing
- Hands-on experience in using automated testing frameworks (e.g, Cucumber, JUnit)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Understanding Non-Functional, Load or Performance testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving & collaborative skills
- Previous experience as a Technical Tester
- Strong understanding of the QA process, defining and implementing test designs.
- Experience in driving test design/scripts and execution for evaluation of fit-for-purpose.
- Experience using JIRA , Confluence or any backlog or test management tooling
- Strong experience of iterative / incremental software delivery
- Maintaining and executing automated testing cycles, coordinating efforts with external teams
- Experience/Understanding of Git or other repositories
- Knowledge of Agile
Why this opportunity is unique
This organisation offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a 'People Manager' Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an 'Architect' our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Benefit from learning for life with unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform 'Next' and our 'Learning for all' mindset.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough task.
You will be joining a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts.
A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible.
It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses.
And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want.
And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs.
So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is.
About the Organisation
You will be part of a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology.
The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future.
It is a responsible and diverse organisation of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries.
With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, they are trusted by their clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms.
The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.