|Salary||£40000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
If so be one of the first to be considered and apply now or contact Kym Harrison on 01283 512225 for more details.
The successful candidate would be expected to Design and implement PLC Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications in the Dairy/Material Handling Industries. Our client would like at least 3 years experience in this field. Must have a proven experience in at least two of the mainstream PLC's such as Siemens S7, Rockwell ControlLogix/CompactLogix or Mitsubishi and be willing to learn new platforms where necessary. This role will involve some site visits as well as being office based.
• PLC programming of control systems from given designs
• Involvement throughout whole software/systems life-cycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
• Working within project team to customer deadlines
• Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
• Appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
• Minimum 3 years experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
• Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined customer/contractor team
• Knowledge of PLC system design
• VB, VBA (advantageous but not essential)
• Experience of larger networked systems (DeviceNet/ControlNet/EtherNet/PROFIBUS/PROFINET)
• Supervision / Mentoring skills (advantageous but not essential)
• Experience of working in the Materials Handling Industry.
• SCADA packages
If this is the role for you we look forward to hearing from you.