|Salary||£45000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: pension, 25 days holiday, healthcare, various other benefits||Sector||Engineering|
RGB are working with a large consultancy whose Development Infrastructure team specialises in providing sustainable development infrastructure solutions from planning, through to full implementation. They are seeking to recruit an Associate to join their team in Basingstoke.
The team specialises in providing high level advice to both public and private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways, Public Realm, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Utilities Coordination/Diversion on Residential, Retail, Industrial and Commercial Developments both in the UK and overseas.
A typical week would include:
- Day to day project management and project leadership
- Carrying out concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications or construction drawings
- Assisting with a number of projects/client accounts at any given time
- You will be supported by a team of experienced technical staff of various grades.
- Assisting in the preparation of fee proposals
- Business development and work winning duties
- Financial control of projects when acting as a project manager
- A recognized Civil Engineer Degree qualification and either have been awarded Chartered status (CEng, MICE, MIHT or CIWEM) or have equivalent commercial experience and responsibility.
- Demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of and experience in drainage and/or highway design as well as a wide knowledge of the Development Industry.
- You will be able to produce masterplans, technical reports, site appraisals and write the relevant sections of environmental statements.
- A good knowledge of the relevant design codes such as Sewers for Adoption, Manual for Streets, DMRB and Local Authority Design Guides, be well versed in the preparation of drawings for Contract Documents and S278, S104 and S38 Agreements and ideally be able to carry out stage 1 & 2 FRAs.
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Aware of current and emerging technical and planning guidance on climate change and sustainability
- Able to direct and check the use of relevant software ideally including WINDES and PDS.
- Able to demonstrate a decent knowledge of the legal processes, planning, design, design software, technical consents process, adoption and contract procedures for the provision of sewers, SUDS, flood protection, highways and utilities in new developments and regeneration projects and how if, applied effectively, these skills combine to add value to a client’s development proposal.
- A robust knowledge of the financial and contractual aspects of planning, bidding, and delivering both large and small projects.
- Ideally from a consultancy background with a bias towards private sector work, but with an understanding of public sector requirements.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and HSE requirements.
For more information contact Michael Power at RGB Network.