Associate - Business Analyst
- Job Reference: 00003395-1
- Date Posted: 20 March 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
The role of the Associate IT Business Analyst is to analyse, refine & liaise on business requirements, translating these into IT requirements which enable delivery to the business-
• Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organisation in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Assist in business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• Supports translation of high level business requirements into functional requirements for the IT organisation and manages changes to such specification
• Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business units and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
• Assists in making recommendations for buy versus build decisions
• To elicit and document business requirements for projects and tasks
• To keep current with trends, issues and developments within the IT organisation including current technologies, sourcing models, service/project methods, process and prices, in order to inform business cases and support effective prioritisation of resources for best business benefit.
• To coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders across the business to define business and systems requirements for application enhancements and deployments so that process and IT change achieves the maximum benefit.
• To analyse and challenge IT and process improvement requests and to translate them into system solutions designs, taking account of the wider process and IT landscape, so that process and IT change achieves the maximum benefit.
• To ensure availability of appropriate guidance and training in use of IT applications, to promote efficient conduct of business
• Understanding of business process modelling
• Understanding of requirements engineering techniques, and when to apply them
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to analyse problems and articulate them to stakeholders
• Understanding of software development methodologies
• Able to collaborate with clients inside and outside the business, and have a strong desire to excel
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to both technical and non-technical audience
• Able to work independently as well as be a team player and to manage own workload
• Able to multi-task and prioritise to ensure project deadlines are met whilst resolving critical BAU issues
Experience & Qualifications
• Progress towards qualifications in Business Analysts (e.g. BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA) or equivalent experience desirable, or a desire to achieve these qualifications
• Some practical experience of requirements engineering
• Experience of engaging and influencing stakeholders at lower management levels