Assistant Team Manager, Contact & MASH, Police Station based
|Job Title:||Assistant Team Manager, Contact & MASH, Police Station based|
|Salary:||£41000 - £46900 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordanne Hayward|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 09:18|
Bucks have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of their workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering their number one priority, to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are 'in need' of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.
The Contact and MASH Team is based within Aylesbury Police Station and is the first stop for all new referrals and concerns raised by the public. The Contact and MASH Team will see if the child is already involved with Children Services and pass to the appropriate team if so. If not, it will be treated, screened and investigated as a new referral. This role is more of an office based role.
Working for Buckinghamshire Children's Social Care includes receiving a generous reward package including:
- Excellent salary of £41,586-£46,159 dependant on experience
- Golden Hello' lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave of 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 - 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children's Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tool
- Beyond Auditing' (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
- Free car parking
- Relocation package up to £8000
- Limited caseloads
Assistant Social Work Team Managers are expected to support the Social Work Team Manager to lead, manage and supervise social workers and allied staff delivering statutory services to children and young people in need of support, protection and care. Assistant Team Managers play a crucial role in supporting the Team Manager to lead, manage and supervise staff by setting direction, monitoring standards, interpreting and communicating feedback and providing an important, positive interface for staff working in a multi-agency environment.
The Assistant Team Manager is responsible for contributing to the management overview and decision making by assessing, planning, delivering and reviewing social work services and assuring the quality of practice, managing performance and delivering value for money
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must hold a degree in Social Work, have a valid HCPC registration, have previous experience working within a MASH Team or Assessment Team, be able to work well under pressure, have excellent knowledge of relevant child legislation and have excellent communication skills.
No lengthy application forms required until after a job offer has been made, all we require initially is your CV to submit you to the position and help secure an interview for the right candidates.
DID YOU KNOW? Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's