- Job Reference: 00081558-1
- Date Posted: 9 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Exeter, Devon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
More than ever, today's housebuilding industry is about fine margins and pinpoint accuracy. Especially when it comes to costs! Our Quantity Surveyors are among the most crucial members of the team, controlling costs both internally and from suppliers and making sure we build our new homes as profitably, efficiently and quickly as possible - without sacrificing the quality and attention to detail that are the hallmarks of a new Bloor home. Under the guidance of a Surveyor Mentor, our Assistant Surveyors are contributing to the team from day one, and building a career on solid foundations.
We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Surveyor to join our Exeter Region. Our Assistant Surveyor’s play a vital role within with our ambitious yet friendly, family-owned company. You’ll need good negotiating skills and a sound knowledge of construction techniques and material costs. Of vital importance is a good knowledge of relevant Health & Safety requirements in the industry. No two days are the same, join Bloor Homes and you’ll be part of a business that will value you, your contribution and your ideas.
* Assisting in the preparation of the sub-contract/supplier enquiry lists for approval.
* Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
* Preparing tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing sub-contract orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with specification and best practice.
* Preparing detailed breakdowns of build costs and include within New Site Start Appraisal (NSSA).
* Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to date.
* Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Senior Surveyor, Commercial Manager and Construction Department, including maintaining the databases and distributing information
* Updating/producing SWMP plan and Carriers Matrix, including updating Licence Numbers and expiry dates and issue to site as necessary
* Ensuring sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed, checked and interim payments are prepared for approval in line with Authorisation Levels and Commercial Procedures, including keeping payment record sheets up to date, highlighting any claims for additional works outside of the budget estimate summary and settling all final accounts expediently after works are complete.
* Issuing variation instructions and contra charges as appropriate.
* Pricing non-standard client extras as required and liaising with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department to ensure costing is correct.
* Updating Cost of Sales in Viability Manager for client extras, after re-budgets and valuations.
* Carrying out monthly progress checklists for all sites and inputting on to the valuation system including MOS.
* Carrying out monthly valuation including production of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) and Cost to Complete Sheet (CTC) including attending Valuation Meeting under the guidance of a surveyor mentor.
* Liaising with the Housing Association including producing invoices and H & S pack as required and attend all necessary site meetings.
* Liaising with the Design & Technical Department over specification for Code for Sustainable Homes and producing schedules and back up information as required.
* Regularly attending sites, a minimum of twice a month, to provide assistance and support to site staff, including meetings with sub-contractors
* Assisting in the production of the Group Rebate Form.
* Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
* Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
* Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Maintaining all health and safety aspects associated with Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
* Educated to a Higher National Certificate/Higher National Diploma level standard or equivalent, relevant construction degree.
* Experience of building construction in a quantity surveying or project managing role.
* Good negotiating skills with excellent time management skills.
* Computer literate.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location)
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV