Assistant Social Work Manager - Assessment Team
|Job Title:||Assistant Social Work Manager - Assessment Team|
|Salary:||£36381 - £46159 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordanne Hayward|
|Job Published:||January 16, 2019 15:34|
Bucks have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of their workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering their number one priority, to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are 'in need' of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.
The Assessment Team service ensures referrals are responded to in a child focussed and timely way. This will mean working in line with the Children Act 1989, and any other legislation and standards appropriate to the particular area of service delivery.
Once a child is referred, the child will be allocated a Qualified Social worker who will undertake a Social Work assessment. This will include direct work with the child and family to implement an onging plan.
As part of this role you are expected to support the Social Work Team Manager to lead, manage and supervise social workers and allied staff delivering statutory services to children and young people in need of support, protection and care.
Assistant Team Managers play a crucial role in supporting the Team Manager to lead, manage and supervise staff by setting direction, monitoring standards, interpreting and communicating feedback and providing an important, positive interface for staff working in a multi-agency environment. The Assistant Team Manager is responsible for contributing to the management overview and decision making by assessing, planning, delivering and reviewing social work services and assuring the quality of practice, managing performance and delivering value for money
On completion of the Assessment a decision is made as to the most appropriate support for the child and family. This could be through a variety of approaches including multi agency support, a referral to other agencies, Children in Need Plan, Child Protection Plan, CLA Plan or NFA.
Working for Buckinghamshire Children's Social Care includes receiving a generous reward package including:
- Excellent salary of £41,586-£46,159 dependant on experience
- Golden Hello' lump sum payment of £2,125 New lease car scheme
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave of 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 - 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children's Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tool
- 'Beyond Auditing' (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
- Free car parking
- Relocation package up to £8000
- Limited caseloads
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must hold a degree in Social Work, have a valid HCPC registration, have previous experience working within an assessment team or significant experience of undertaking assessments such as section 47, be able to work well under pressure, have excellent knowledge of relevant child legislation and have excellent communication skills.
No lengthy application forms required until after a job offer has been made, all we require initially is your CV to submit you to the position and help secure an interview for the right candidates.
DID YOU KNOW? Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Team Manager witihin Children's Social Care
£42 - £45 per hour
Team Manager in Children's Social Care
£42 - £45 per hour
Qualified Social Worker - MASH Team
£25 per hour
Service Manager in Children's Social Care
£350 - £450 per day
Fostering Social Worker
£33350 per annum