Job Title: Assistant Piping Designer
Location: RosythCompensation: Competitive salary
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49737
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Assistant Piping Designer at our Rosyth site.The role
As an Assistant Piping Designer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We will mentor you and provide the training so you will be able to generate intelligent Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and develop plant layout, skid structure and pipework arrangement 3D models and produce output drawings/documents (e.g., plant general arrangements, piping isometrics, structure detailing, process equipment and pressure vessel detailing, material take offs).
Essential experience of the Assistant Piping Designer
- Generate intelligent Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develop plant layout, skid structure and pipework arrangement 3D models and produce output drawings/documents (e.g., plant general arrangements, piping isometrics, structure detailing, process equipment and pressure vessel detailing, material take offs)
- Interpret vendor equipment drawings for integration into CAD models
- Participating in design reviews and client pipework reviews
- Produce detailed drawings for mechanical and process equipment, tanks, and other components
- Demonstrable experience working in a production environment with hands on experience of pipefitting and fabrication
- Basic competency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) both 2D and 3D- we can teach you everything
- General awareness of process piping components, routing practices, in line equipment and instrumentation interfaces
- Willingness to learn and work as a team
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working with 2 days per week on site.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
Generous holiday allowance
Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
Employee share scheme
Employee shopping savings portal
Payment of Professional Fees
Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
CAD, Drafting, Instrumentation, CSR, Engineering, Management