|Location||Bury St Edmunds||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £22,000 + Benefits||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We have an excellent opportunity for someone hands on, with operational supervisory experience to join the Sodexo team on site in Bury St Edmunds.
We are looking for someone who can assist the Operations Manager with the day to day events business, being present at the events and ensuring they are delivered on budget and at a high standardOur heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £22,000 + BenefitsMain responsibilities
The role will involve managing a small casual workforce whilst supervising the multiple conference, events and retail operations:-
- administrate day to day financial transactions, cash processing and reporting
- Undertake duty management responsibilities across the sites ensuring smooth running of the operation and the delivery of excellent customer service standards.
- Purchasing food and & beverage supplies for the business and monitoring stock to minimise wastage and maintain profit margins.
- Promote and supervise an effective health and safety culture
- Assist with both mandatory and job specific training and the development of the team
- Direct the work of supervisors and frontline team members, ensuring high levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Assist with overseeing financial control for the site with responsibility for reporting and compliance
- Operating the in the capacity of Duty Manager, responsible for key holding, cashing processes and decision making in the absence of the Operations Manager. Demonstrating innovative problem solving abilities to overcome operational issues
- Monitoring and maintaining beverage stock levels ensuring compliance with stock processes
- Experience within a public attraction or hospitality environment
- Frontline team supervision experience
- Cash handling experience
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of personal presentation
- Basic IT skills
- Working 5 days out of 7 so evening and weekend work will be required
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.