|Salary||£11.69 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
- Reporting to a Media Relations Officer, the main focus of this job is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the office and supporting the team. You will be responsible for dealing with accreditation of journalists; organising meetings, preparing minutes and agendas; drafting correspondence; and managing records and office resources, including processing invoices.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and circulation of the daily newspaper cuts (local and national) and broadcast monitoring - applicants must therefore be able to start work at 8.30am each day.
- Media monitoring: this includes monitoring the Press Association wires; BBC websites; news websites etc. and updating senior staff via email. Also working with colleagues to successfully implement a new media monitoring service.
- Dealing with all accreditation requests; maintaining the accreditation database; and auditing the day pass system.
- Providing administrative support to the head of office.
- Demonstrable experience of providing high-level administrative support to senior management, including diary and email management.
- High standard of IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
- Experience of proactively managing and actioning a broad range of complex enquiries; including delegation/allocation of work and ensuring follow-up action is taken
If you're interested in this role, please apply online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org