Assistant Manager - Children's Event Space
- Job Reference: 00023354-1
- Date Posted: 15 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Cheddar, Somerset
- Salary: £23,000 to £27,000
- Sector: Catering and Hospitality, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Assistant Manager - Children’s Play and Event Space - North Somerset - Salary to £27,000
* Salary to £27,000 dependent on experience
* 40 hours per week
* Day time only
* Shift patterns to include alternative 4-day/ 5-day weeks
* Assistant Manager jobs in Bristol
* Assistant Manager jobs in North Somerset
Rhubarb Recruitment is searching for a Assistant Manager / Duty Manager for a leading Children’s Play and Event Space in North Somerset. The venue offers a unique modern children's play space facility with a focus on delivering reliably excellent service and cleanliness standards with an educational focus across the whole site. In addition to the Play Space, the site provides party facilities and a standalone café/restaurant where parents can socialise with the comfort of knowing that their children are being safely supervised in a fantastically fun and educational environment.
The Assistant Manager / Duty Manager responsibilities will be to support the General Manager in managing all aspects of day to day FOH operations - to include the reception area, the café/restaurant, the party facilities and the Play Space itself.
When on duty the Assistant General Manager will be responsible for all the above areas of the business with the following key responsibilities:
* Ensure all Play Centre operational procedures are actioned and adhered to and all reporting procedures are completed within the required time-scales.
* Ensure all opening and closing checks are carried out to a high standard and to maintain the centre’s reputation for high levels of cleanliness.
* Be very hands on. Your excellent attention to detail will enable you to enhance the customer visit.
* Ensure that all our customers receive a consistently excellent customer service experience.
* Be the customer champion, pro-actively seeking out improvements to make the customer’s visit even better.
* Work with the kitchen team to ensure food is delivered in a timely manner, at a consistently excellent quality level and to the customer’s request.
* Be an escalation point for any complaints, seeking to ensure that no customer leaves unhappy.
* Oversee the organisation and booking of parties and other events.
* Support the general manager with H&S, Fire, food hygiene and play frame inspections to ensure compliance.
* Line manage the team to deliver consistently excellent service and ensure all training is up to date.
* Ensure all staff are correctly delivering Covid-19 safety and cleanliness measures across the site.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Manager, ideally from a service led Hospitality or Family Entertainment business.
It is essential that candidates have a bright, fun and larger than life personality that will bring life and laughter to all visitors to the centre. It goes without saying that Candidates must be comfortable working in a hands-on client facing role and dealing with both adults and children.
When on duty the Assistant General Manager will be the face of the business, so we are looking for an energetic, articulate, very well presented, warm, friendly and forward-thinking person!
The job offers a chance to really impact on the success of the company. For the right candidate there will be opportunity to quickly grow into the business, and to be part of planned growth into multiple new sites across the region.
Hours are 40 hrs per week, day times only, with shift patterns generally following alternative 4-day/ 5-day weeks. The site opens 7 days per week from 09h30 to 18h. Candidates must be available to work Saturday and Sunday and school holidays.
Salary is negotiable, to around £27,000 per year depending on your level of experience.
Thanks for reading