|Salary||£21000 - £25000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Competitive salary £20,000 to £24,200 DOE + benefits including pension, 20 days holiday + statutory, able to 'buy' additional benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
As Assistant Business Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting the Business Manager in providing effective delivery of catering services to the client organisation
An excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress and develop your career with Sodexo, we will invest in you for further study including Level 4 SVQ in Hospitality Management skills, and a modern apprenticeship available dependant on eligibility.
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- Provide effective delivery of catering services to the client organisation
- Responsible for supporting the Business Manager to ensure the smooth running of the catering services to the benefit of customers and client ensure strict service level agreements are met.
- Support the Business Manager with all cash and stock procedures to ensure that they are managed and adhered to in line with Company Policies and procedures
- Cover for the Business Manager in their absence
*Please see job description attached below for further detail
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working in a catering operational role
- Proven experience in dealing with a wide-range of individuals/teams at different levels
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Well organised with a strong ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with including an excellent telephone service
- Excellent team player but also able to work at own initiative
- Experience of working within kitchen environment
- Previous experience in a chef role
- Previous experience of effectively supervising a team
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- Knowledge/qualification in Health & Safety and Food Safety
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions