|Salary||£38000 - £44000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
As the Assistant Incident Manager, you will play a pivotal role in creating an industry leading incident management capability. This role involves supporting the proactive, reactive and evaluative planning of incident management in consultation with operational teams and Health and Safety. You will be involved in the identification and management of operational risk and where appropriate, the efficient and effective mobilisation of an incident response. You will need to adjust organisational priorities quickly and efficiently as situations arise and communicate any changes effectively.
Communication is vital and you will support the Incident Managers in establishing an effective communication strategy for each operational incident and ensure all internal and external customers and stakeholders are kept informed and updated in a timely and effective manner.
This critical role will enable Thames Water to reduce the volume and impact of operational incidents improving customer and stakeholder confidence.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- For all incidents you will provide support to the Incident Manager/Incident Controller.
- In the event of simultaneous incidents occurring, you will be required to lead incidents.
- Regularly review all outstanding operational risks and provide updates accordingly.
- Maintain an incident log for all incidents.
- Accountable for ‘Hot Debrief’ immediately following closure of each incident; sharing immediate learnings with Incident Learning team accordingly.
- Responsible for supporting effective communication during and after all incidents, both internally and with external stakeholders, customers and regulators, in line with the expectations and requirements of the Incident Manager.
- Utilise all available business systems i.e. Event Viewer, SCADA, C-track etc. to support effective decision-making during incidents.
- Manage MS teams, following processes to enable usage of the system to support incident management in-life incident visibility to all members of the incident structure.
- Development of skills required for an Incident Manager role.
- Understanding of Water and wastewater operations is preferable.
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software, as well as specialist Incident Management tools.
- Good decision-making skills, in a risk-based environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good relationship management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Previous experience managing operational incidents is preferable.
- Experience of providing detailed management reports.
- Risk-driven, collaborative and flexible in approach.
These are niche roles in a new team and there are no others like it within the Thames Water business. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a positive impact to minimise future impact on operations and our customers. This is your chance to be part of change and positively make your mark.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 24 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.